What We Believe
At the Most Basic Level:
- We Believe the Bible, in its 66 books from Genesis to the Revelation is written by men, but fully inspired by God the Holy Spirit. It is both Inerrant and Infallible, that is, it is without error, and will not lead you into error.
- We Believe in God, revealed as a Trinity, 3 in 1, Father, Son, and Spirit. God is Sovereign, Creator, and Sustainer of all things and is worthy of praise and devotion.
- We Believe that People Matter. That is, we are all created in God’s image and while we are imperfect and troubled by a sin nature, we all deserve love, care, and value. Where we see that value, love, and care insufficient, it is our desire to display and provide for every person regardless of ethnicity, education, social or economic status.
- We Believe that we all need to be reconciled to God because our sin has separated us from Him. Then we believe that the only way to be reconciled to God is through faith in Jesus Christ and his work for us completed at the Cross.
- We Believe we should be an active transformational part of our community and the world, so we partner with others for those ends.
- We Believe Jesus is coming again, visibly, personally, and imminently, and we will be accountable for what we have done with him and for him.